EPDM NEO Cord Manufacturers
EPDM NEO Cord is a round, flexible EPDM rubber cord used to seal gaps and provide cushioning, commonly used in HVAC and plumbing systems. Combining two synthetic rubbers, EPDM and Neoprene, we manufacture EPDM Neo cord for industrial use. This EPDM cord has excellent mechanical and chemical properties, being flexible, strong, and resistant to water, weather, chemical exposure and heat.
The different characteristics of EPDM NEO Cord
- EPDM NEO Cord is a unique blend of EPDM and neoprene materials that provides enhanced physical and chemical properties compared to standard EPDM cord. This includes superior strength, flexibility, and resistance to weather, UV rays, ozone, and chemicals. One of the key advantages of this blended rubber cord is its ability to withstand high temperatures up to 100°C, making it ideal for use in high-temperature applications, such as in engine components and industrial machinery.
- EPDM Neoprene Sponge Cord has excellent compression set resistance, springing back into shape after withstanding high pressure. A great choice for seals and gaskets, EPDM cord is also water resistant, preventing leaks and providing a reliable seal.
- EPDM NEO Cord is also known for its excellent abrasion resistance, which makes it ideal for use in industrial applications where it may be subjected to wear and tear. It is also resistant to tearing and punctures, being durable and long-lasting.
Supplier of small and large quantities of EPDM NEO Cord
We are EPDM sponge cord suppliers and manufacturers. We can provide small quantities of EPDM neoprene sponge cord for one-off projects, or large stocks for your manufacturing line to work with. The size of the order doesn’t matter to us, so call now and request a sample of our EPDM cord.
Bespoke and custom EPDM NEO Cord available
At Kirkfield Rubber & Adhesive Products, we manufacture EPDM sponge products to your exact specifications. If you require a particular thickness or length, get in touch to discuss how we can meet your requirements.
EPDM/Neoprene Sponge Cord FAQs
What is EPDM Neoprene sponge Cord?
EPDM NEO cord is a type of rubber cord made from a blend of EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) and Neoprene, another synthetic rubber. This combination enhances the physical and chemical properties of EPDM NEO cord, producing a flexible, high-performance material that is resistant to weather, ozone, UV rays, and chemicals.
What can EPDM NEO Cord be used for
EPDM Sponge Cord or EPDM Neoprene cord is used for applications such as sealing, gaskets, insulation and cushioning. Because it is highly weather resistant, it is perfect for use in outdoor applications.
EPDM cord is commonly used as a sealing and gasket material in automotive, construction, and industrial applications. It can be used to seal gaps and prevent leaks, and it provides excellent resistance to temperature extremes, compression, and deformation.
What are the main features of EPDM NEO Cord?
- A flexible, easy-to-use cord, this material is:
- Weather resistant: resistance to UV rays, Ozone and water
- Highly durable: resistant to chemical degradation and abrasion
- Heat resistant: Able to withstand temperatures up to 100oC
What grades of thickness can EPDM NEO Cord be supplied in?
EPDM cord is available in various sizes and shapes, including round and square profiles, and can be customized to meet specific application requirements. It is easy to install and can be cut to the desired length using standard cutting tools.
Is EPDM NEO Cord environmentally friendly?
Synthetic rubbers are made from petrochemicals (fossil fuels), so they are not considered environmentally friendly. They do not biodegrade and are not made from recycled materials.
However, because of the durability of an EPDM / Neoprene blend, this material can last longer than other, weaker rubbers, reducing the need for regular replacement and the waste this creates.