Open-Cell Acoustic Profile Foam Manufacturers
A High-quality acoustic foam which is popular in soundproofing and deadening. The peaks and troughs of the surface absorb and disperse soundwaves, reducing the noise impact from machinery, cooling fans and vibration. This foam is often used in recording studios and music venues to absorb unwanted high frequencies such as rattles and echos.
The different characteristics of Open-Cell Profile Foam
This acoustic profile foam provides excellent sound absorption due to its textured surface, which disperses high-frequency soundwaves to reduce chamber echo and rattles.
As well as this, profile foam is:
- Flexible: it can be fitted inside panels, behind amplifiers and speakers and around irregular machinery parts easily
- Insulating: as well as absorbing sound, the foam is a poor conductor of heat and electricity.
- Easily compressed: this foam will withstand compression and return to its original shape quickly.
- Shock absorbing: because of its soft compression, acoustic foam is sometimes used in packaging to protect delicate items.
- Fire retardant: if treated, acoustic foam can be flame resistant, improving site safety where installed.
Supplier of small and large quantities of Open-Cell Profile Foam
Whether deadening noise from large machinery, fans or speakers, there is no order too small or too large for Kirkfield to fill. We supply bulk orders of acoustic profile foam as well as
Thicknesses available for Open-Cell Profile Foam
We are able to split foam sheets to a range of grades with low tolerance, typically ranging from 1.5mm-60mm. Because of the shaped surface of acoustic foam, it is best to speak to us directly about extremely thin grades and the dimensions you require.
We provide bespoke and custom Open-Cell Profile Foam
As foam rubber manufacturers, Kirkfield are able to supply open-cell acoustic foam to the exact thickness and shape directly specified by the customer. We can also add adhesive backing to create self-adhesive acoustic foam for easy application.
Open-Cell Acoustic Profile Foam FAQs
What is Open-Cell Profile Foam?
Our open-cell profile foam is a moulded foam sheet with an ‘egg-box’ face and a flat face, designed to disperse soundwaves and reduce echo or unwanted noise. For this reason, it is also known as acoustic foam or deadening foam. Acoustic foam is made from polyurethane foam, with open cells to provide a soft and flexible structure.
What can Open-Cell Profile Foam be used for?
Our open-cell Profile Foam is used for soundproofing in music industry locations and general engineering. It is also used as packaging and insulation to protect items from impact.
What are the main features of Open-Cell Profile Foam?
The main characteristics of open-cell profile foam are:
- A moulded face that absorbs and deadens sound
- Open-cell structure making it soft and flexible
- Durable: doesn’t create dust in high air-flow spaces
- Easily compressed, returning to original shape quickly
- Fire retardant
Is Open-Cell Profile Foam environmentally friendly?
This profile foam is manufactured from polyurethane, which itself is made from fossil-based oil. It also does not break down fully in the environment, so should not be considered environmentally friendly.